- Opening of Tommy’s Field – Sunday, September 26, 2021 – 4:00 pm
This Sunday, September 26th at 4:00 pm the community will celebrate the dedication and opening of “Tommy’s Field,” the new synthetic soccer/multipurpose athletic field at Westwood Recreation Center.Tommy’s Field was named for Tommy Mark, a young soccer enthusiast who lost his life in 2018. The new field will allow for the expansion and addition of sports programs for youth at the park. The dedication and official opening will be attended by Councilmember Paul Kortez, park officials and Tommy’s family.The ceremony is open to the public. Westwood Recreation Center is located at 1350 S. Sepulveda Blvd and parking is free. Please wear a mask. Limited free parking on site.
THE RIBBON CUTTING AND DEDICATION CEREMONY OF TOMMY’S FIELD AT WESTWOOD PARK IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.
- URGENT! West LA Homeless launches their GoFundMe page to help assist Westwood’s growing homeless problem! Please read, and PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! As a founding member of this independent community based organization, WHA is asking for your support in launching West LA Homeless.
- NEW! Volunteer Position Open. Westwood Homeowners Association Communications & Social Media Coordinator. Board Member Position.
Your Westwood Homeowners Association is looking for a volunteer to help us with our community outreach. This role will also include a seat on the Westwood Homeowner’s Board, which meets for two hours a month via Zoom, 7:00 PM the first Tuesday of each month. The Board position will help the Coordinator understand the issues facing our community, the causes we are involved with, and enable them to respond with “get the word out” messaging as appropriate. The role will entail providing monthly updates to the website (managed by a third party), updating a monthly newsletter for email distribution, and periodic postings on social media outlets as appropriate. Familiarity posting on Next Door, Facebook, Twitter, and other media sources is necessary. Please respond to: email@example.com or through the CONTACT link above.
- Click here to see our neighborhood weekly crime reports for 5/23 to 5/29/2021 and 5/30 to 6/5/2021. And visit our expanded LAPD section under COMMUNITY RESOURCES tab above to read or download fact sheets and instructions for filing Emergency 9-1-1 calls, non emergency calls, and how to file online reports.
- As of June 1,2021, the Westwood Public Library at 1246 Glendon has reopened!
- BIG news coming to Westwood Village. Chez Panisse legend Alice Waters is set to open her first restaurant in Los Angeles this fall at the Hammer Museum. Details here.
- NEW! Sign up here to receive weekly updates from the City on our neighborhood from Councilman Paul Koretz’s office (More Info)
- NEW! Changes are coming to the street sweeping schedule in our neighborhood. Check out the link here, enter your address, and see when you need to move your car to avoid a ticket. (HINT: half as often as you used to!) (Learn more)
- Don’t forget to check out this GREAT news resource for our neighborhood and the surrounding area: Century City / Westwood News. (This link can also be found on our Community Resources page)
- Please continue to support our local “downtown” – Westwood Village. They are open for business and awaiting your return! (Learn more)
- Area Crime Watch: Please visit https://www.crimemapping.com a
nd enter your zip code to see bi-weekly updates of major crimes in our area. You can also sign up here to receive ongoing alerts. The lead LAPD officer assigned to our neighborhood is Officer Pete Ojeda, who the WHA Board works very closely with. Officer Ojeda typically provides a verbal monthly update of crime events and trends in our neighborhood at the beginning of our monthly meetings, and is available to answer specific questions or concerns you may have. Please consider dropping in at that time for Q&A if you would like more details.
- Please read and familiarize yourself with this fact sheet from Livable California regarding upcoming Senate Bill 9 which, if passed, could dramatically impact density and new development in our neighborhood. This is one of the most important and controversial issues affecting our neighborhood!
- New Renderings for 10822 Wilshire Blvd / Westwood Presbyterian Church Senior Living Center (Learn More)
- New renovations coming to Westwood Park – Construction Starts 1/5/2021 on new soccer field (Learn More)
- Update on new 12 story Belmont Senior Housing project and expansion of church facilities at Westwood Presbyterian Church, 10822 Wilshire Blvd (Learn More)